Saturday, September 8, 2007

I failed: Ramgopal Varma


Now days, everyone is discussing about Ramgopal Varma’s AAG in the entire Bollywood. Not only discussing about its good and bad, but they are discussing about why he made so worst film. This is the today’s talk in Hindi belt. Further, the people are saying that Ramgopal Varma has to know how to make movies. However, Varma is saying it is a remake of SHOLAY and from the beginning I made this film AAG with a special interest. Further, Big B Amitabh Bachhan also had given a statement that Varma has given a new identity for Sholay and remade the film on the title of AAG.

But after releasing the said film the same Amitabh said there is no fire in AAG, except ash. For this dreadful failure I am only responsible says Ramgopal Varma now. I did not even think this film becomes run-of-the-mill. Recently once again I watched the film Sholay, every scene and sequence is tremendous and thrilling. Most of my well wishers said to me not to try to remake the sholay. But I never heard their words, one sidedly I proceeded. I am only entire responsibility for this failure. Some people are saying that I should learn how to make films. However, such comments are coming from cine critiques which are their personal opinions I feel. But one thing is absolutely true that I could not estimate the people’s views said by Varma.

Revealing his plans the never-say-die director explains, "The film has a tongue twisting title, Dheyaya. It's a Sanskrit word for mission. I wanted an unused word to express what the film sets out to achieve. It'll be a realistic gritty dark film about the link between the underworld and various legitimate and illegitimate terrorist organizations.


0 comments: